Re: Tesla's Oscillators and Circuit Controllers

Original poster: Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com

> I haven't tried exactly what you are mentioning, but tried the type of
> interrupter using a large sheet of lead and a small platinum electrode in a
> sulfuric acid solution.  It worked.  I think the idea came from a reprint of
> a very old book on building large inductors.  I used it to supply a ignition
> coil powered TC.  I applaude your investigation of the old technology.
> Perhaps you will come up with something new and wonderful while experimenting
> with such devices.
> Mike

    You know, I ran across this as well, in the "Cyclopedia of Applied
Electricity"  one of my sources for Poulsen information.  I believe it was
called
the "Wenhelt" interrupter.  I could be wrong about this. . . It seems that
no one
at the time could figure out exactly why it worked.  Does anyone have a
clue now?

            --Mike