First Light !!!!

Fired up my 8" coil the other weekend. Initail results have been very good.
Achieved 6 feet sparks. wow!!! special thanks to kevin eldridge who showed me
how to tune it. This coil is only 25 inches high and we did not have any
problems with it arcing to the primary.. Second light has been a different
matter although, I ran it up rather high and was getting 10 feet out of it and
suddenly i have arcing on the inside of the secondary, from the top to the
bottom, this is an acrylic form so i have no burns or carbon tracks on the
inside of it, kevin did suggest to me that i install 2 disc like plugs on each
end, located inside of the primary form about 4 to 6 inches from the ends to
stop it.So i did that and siliconed them in, let it cure for 36 hours and it
still arcs through the silicone as if it were not there.So now i have melted a
large quantity of hot glue sticks in a pot on the stove and poured the material
in and aroung the silicone seams on the plugs, it is over an inch wide and one
half inch thick. We shall see what happens now and i will let everyone know.
Also i switched from paper and oil caps to Maxwell caps..OMG!!!!!!! a huge
difference, it only requires approximatly 75% of the power that i needed before
to get the same results.. I cant imagine what this thing will do at full power.
So far ive only ran it at 35 amps at about 205 volts to the pole pig, yes im
using a welder with a variable shunt and two large variacs for voltage
controll, but still, what would happen if i let it rip at 100 amps at 220
volts. Thanks to everyone on the tesla list and special thanks to kevin
eldridge,