RE: Haunted House Coil Use

Hi Ted,
I wish to apologize if my response alarmed you. (got carried away)

(it sure did Jeff. I know Jeff the consummate professional, personally
and have seen his show and my response would not have been the same
if he'd ask the question. In fact, I've tried for years to get his show
into the Calif State Science Fair for student inspiration and entertainment.)

My intent is to provide response that informs to protect you.
There are other considerations.
Being aware of all considerations, you make informed, responsible, and
prudent decisions, making tradeoffs and prepared to accept consequences.
We live in a litigious society (not such a good thing) as other posters cite.

I made the assumption that you were a private individual or individuals
putting together a haunted house for Halloween entertainment of
family, friends, friends of friends and the immediate neighborhood.

If this is a professional endeavor the rules do change somewhat.

Is the professional sponsor a year round business ?
Don't they carry insurance ? (if so elaboration probably isn't necessary
past declaring
you contemplate using a Frankenstein like lightning apparatus -- until and
unless
there is a claim and detail is made necessary for continued coverage
consideration
at likely higher premium.

Is there an admission charge ?
The biggie professionals protect themselves by printing their liability waiver
on the ticket. Customer purchase and acceptance of the ticket conveys
acceptance of liability (usually blanket except for rights illegal to exclude)
thus avoiding the undesirability of posting warning signs.

Is there an admission charge to Museums ? might check if ticket contains
such waiver.

It's been my experience that a portion of the public at large use Halloween
as a
freedom act out weird unpredictable behavior, to unleash pent up energy,
emotion,
frustration, you name it, even expected per tradition ?

I like and advocate Tesla displays when safely and thoughtfully conducted
to an informed audience (better if known to you individually or as a group,
not random)
who then may make informed decisions based on their personal health and make
the decision to be responsible for participation (theirs and minors), action
and any consequences including unforeseen accidents.

Regards, Happy and Safe Halloween,
Dale

-- lots of snippage ....