Re: Haunted House Coil Use

Bart,

I'm in an awkward position as the only professional Tesla coil
company with an insurance policy to protect.

In many ways my insurance policy sucks the fun out of what
was for me a wonderfully rewarding hobby. I miss those days.

My goal is for Tesla coils to be as accepted in public display
as readily as pyrotechnics (which in my opinion are much more
dangerous). As all of my close friends can attest, this goal is
exacting a toll on my bank account, mind and spirit.

Tesla coils have been on public display for over one hundred
years and only Henry Transom has killed himself while entertaining.
In contrast, hundreds have died from production and special effects
accidents in that same period of time.

Professionally installed Tesla coils are safe. Lawyers and
insurance companies want my potential clients to think otherwise.
That's how they make their money.

I just don't want members of this list dabbling in pro Halloween
installations to get all carried away with unnecessary safety
issues and address them to OSHA, FCC, CIA, NSA, etc..
Please leave the nest of honey bees alone and just
run your coil safely and with the approval of the owner
of the haunted attraction and whatever fire inspector
comes by that night.

Jeff Parisse