Re: In search of a big cap

>    Oh yeah,  the larger caps(only  about 3 of these on the shelf)  had a
> larger capacitance than my meter could read.  This means that they are more
> than 400uF and I have no idea of the voltage rating for these either.
>     They are asking $50 each for these caps, so if anyone is still
> interested, I will pick one up for you.  Might be a great deal, might not.  I
> just can't tell still :o(

        I would definately be interested in one... I'm in need of filter
caps for
various DCTC's, and I need the larger capacitances.  The only drawback is
that the
rated voltage needs to be 2kv+, preferrably 4-10kv.  down voltage is 2kv+.
(don't
know whether you'll be able to find this out?)  If you give me some idea of the
size and weight, from that I should be able to figure out whether they are
useful
to me.
                --Mike in sunny (for now) Oregon