Small to medium complete coil wanted

Hi Folks! I found you through a web page.

I'm a product development engineer with a need to simulate lightning damage
in electronic equipment.

Do you know of anyone who'd want to part with (as in sell) a well made
"smaller" Tesla coil in the "20 inch to 50 inch corona discharge" class or
larger slightly?  I'd like to ZORCH test some products I'm working on.
They would preferably be located somewhere in the Midwest so we gould go
see it.

The failure mode I see (and am trying to reproduce) appears to be voltage
transient related - not so much a current burn-up of a part as an internal
failure in solid state components.  We do see obvious failures due to
tremendous lightning-induced currents - and we just write those off as
probably unstoppable.  The failures I want to simulate are where  failures
typical of "Electrostatic discharge" are occuring.  I can simulate mild ESD
up to 30Kv, and can't make the errors occur - so I need "more".

I'd want to buy a well made coil that would appear to be reasoably
reliable.  Maybe someone who wanted to fund building a larger unit for
themselves?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  Respond via E-Mail to:

	wsd-at-oemdesign-dot-com

I'd also be pleased to hear any suggestions you "high voltage" guys might
have on alternate controlled ways to simulate a lightning strike.  Whenever
I suggest that the Marketing people should go fly a kite in an actual storm
they mutter something under their breath & tell me to please go away.

Thanks.  /s/ Bill