[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMC and other questions

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "***Samuel Rosset***" <samr-at-bluewin.ch>
>

> I found an old vacuum cleaner that I could use with my gap. I can use it
> either as a vacuum or as an air blower. For the gap efficiency, what should
> I choose. I first thought it would be better to blow the air, so no ions
> woulg go inside the motor of the cleaner, but I think most people make a
> vaccum by taking the air out of the gap. Any advices?

snippp...

HI Sam...

go for the blower type if you are doing the static gap...   Ive tried it
both ways and found that if you blow air across the gaps at a pressure
above atmospherical it increases the ability of the gap to last longer (
for some reason it doesnt corrode as fast at higher pressures) ,
increase the total streamer length by 5 - 10%, and as you mentioned ...
it keeps the ionized air from entering the motor assy of the vac.

Scot D