[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

My Second Light :-)

Hello guys and gals,

I got playing around with ideas tonight and here is the update.
I swapped the cap bank and spark gap around. Spark gap is now parreall
to the safety gap.  Hey what do you know the safety quit firing.
Secondly I put a 4" x 16" toroid on top.
Third raised secondary to about 1.25" above primary.
No breakout alone but 14" point breakout to ground.  I did a little
dance to celebrate :-)

New questions
1) Should there be a big difference between the doorknob cab bank and
the MMC cap bank.  (I am betting yes on this one)
2) Why the h*ll is my secondary getting so warm!!! Like 100 to 110
degrees (garage is around 70 degrees)
3) Can someone tell me why the safety gap quit firing when the spark gap
was placed in parellel with it.