[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sync Rotary gap motor

Seems people are having more questions about this the past couple days.

I know that a cap-start, induction run motor can be made into a sync motor
by grinding flats into the armature.  A friend of mine (who LOVES HV
things) gave me an old Dayton motor from his old furnace blower.  It's a
1/3 HP 1725RPM *split phase* motor.  Can a split phase motor be turned into
a sync motor by grinding flats in the armature?  I'd rather not take the
time to do so, esp since I still have no way to test it yet, and I wouldn't
want to take a chance that I'd ruin it in case he wants to use it later.

Thanks

Mark