[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: toroid question/TC status report

In a message dated 2/22/00 4:42:49 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Folks,

      I am using the "2 pie plate hub/heating duct torus" toroid
      construction method. However, I am unable to find suitable aluminum
      pie plates for the toroid hub.  The aluminum ones I have tried are
      very flimsy.

      I have found some beefy steel pie plates though.  Is steel appropriate
      (conductive enough?) for this application?

      In other coil news, after a marathon HDPE sawing, clamping, drilling
      and tapping session this weekend, I am happy to report that I have
      finished the primary supports and attached them to the base.  I
      staggered the supports 1/16" of an inch each, clamped them, and then
      drilled straight through to make the holes for the primary wire as
      someone else on the list suggested, and it worked great!

      I hope to lay in the refrigerator tubing tonight. . . .

      thanks,

      paul mathus

Paul,

The steel pie plates should work fine, as long as they don't get too rusty.
I use .25" acrylic covered with aluminum tape.  Good luck with that primary.

Ed Sonderman