[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: maxing out a 4" coil

Hi Ron
If you go to a 60mA NST you will have more current to charge the cap faster
so you will
get better output from your 4"coil.
I`m not sure just how far you can push a 4" coil, last year we ran our 4"
coil with a 11.5kV
pole pig & a 0.021uF MMC, the coil was pushing out 67" hot arcs.
The only thing that limited our test was a lack of space in the garage.
If you take a look on my web site there is a pic of one of these big
sparks(look for pig powered
BM2 coil pics).

Richard Hull (member or TCBOR)did push a small 4" by 13" extra coil on one of
his maggies
to 115" at 6kW.

Cheers & more power to ya
Mike Tucknott