[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MMCCalc2 for Macintosh Availible

Hi everyone,

I've successfully transfered Terry's great MMCCalc2 program from BASIC to
C++ and compiled it for the Macintosh. If there are any Mac users, send me
an e-mail and I'll attach it to an e-mail for you.

I also made the following changes:

	a). The max number of capacitor strings is entered by the user
		(vs. default 15)
	b). The max number of capacitors in each string is entered
		(vs. default 20)
	c). The maximum acceptable error in MMC matching to
		theoretical is entered by the user (vs. default 5%)
	d). The DC voltage rating for individual capacitor,
	e). The individual capacitor price, and
	f). Power dissipation constant for 1 inch lead spacing are
		entered by the user to accept different caps.

The changes really aren't that much -- it will just work for different caps
in the future.

I've only had the time to test it on my PowerBook 233, and it worked fine.
I kept on getting floating point errors on PCs. If you have troubles with
something other than a G3 processor, let me know. I hope it works, as I
really hate programming.

Daniel
DanielLockhart-at-letu.edu