[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: weather influence on TC performance

>Usually this isn't a problem, but this year for whatever reason it's
>also quite HUMID, with levels between 65 - 80% fairly regular lately ......
>
>My TC rather enjoys secondary arcing now instead of the nice arcs
>I was getting when it was not quite so humid.  I still get arcs
>from the top load but they are vary numerous, (10 to 15), and
>fairly short, (2 to 3 feet), and at the same time an almost
>continuous secondary arc occurs, not much fun!.

Hello Robin:

If the room you run your coil in isn't too big, why not try putting
a dehumidifier to work in there to bring the humidity level down.
You likely would find that it wouldn't need to be bone dry, but at
least down to 30 - 35 % should make a big difference.  I have the
same trouble here in south-western Ontario, Canada.  Being on one
of the Great Lakes means having to deal with summer humidity, and
I've found that the dehumidifier does the job.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca