[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: abreviations..too many for us newbies

there are those of us out here who are working on making a lexicon just for
thast purpose :) Give me a little time :)

> > Pumping 150V into a 15kV NST will NOT necessarily result
> >

>This is the latest message I've read and have not a clue as to what an
>NST is.
>
>	I'm sure there are others who are tryhing to learn the ins and outs of
>the Tesla world but there are too many unknows.  Perhpas some of you
>"old timers" could put your heads together and make up a list of "all"
>the abreviations that are fllying about here on the lsit and post a
>message that we can all save for reference.  	If it is easier, and
>perhaps more flexible, everyone who has an abreviation can e-mail me
>with the abrev. and its meaning and I will put together a list.  When it
>is large enough that it is useful I will post it to everyone.
>	If there is another source where these abreviations are used and listed
>in a glossery, let me(us) know and we can use it to at least be able to
>folow the list converstions without being totally frustrated in reading.
>
>	Perplexed in Hawaii
>
>Raymond Côté

and just so you know :)

Pumping 150V into a 15kV NST will NOT necessarily result

Applying 150 Volts (AC (Alternateing Current) is implied from context since
transformers don't use DC (Direct Current)) into a 15,000 Volt Neon Sign
Transformer will not work.

whos-at-geekgroup-dot-org ? Heck I dunno, whos-at-geekgroup-dot-org ?
Chris Boden, that's who!

Christopher A. Boden Esq.
President / Founder
The Geek Group