[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

core winding

Hi Adam,
              I have been working on a couple tranny
winding projects
             myself. The bottom line on your core is that
it probably
             can't do more than it did before, 15/30.
NST's aren't
             usually over built. The main prob is to fit
the winding
             in the same space if you just want to
duplicate what you
             had. Then there is the economic side, it's
not.
              When you can buy a pig for $100.00 it's
hardly worth it
             to build such a small xformer, even just for
fun. For not
             much more effort you could wind a much
bigger xformer if
             you had the core.
              Get a huge core then look at the numbers
again. I'll
             fill you on details on my projects soon.
              Allen Cart
             > Original Poster: "Adam Parker"
<park_e_r-at-hiwaay-dot-net>

             > Hello,
             >
             > I have a transformer core on hand and I
was thinking about making a home
             > brew tranny (my first). I was wondering if
anyone could give me some tips
             > on how to wind it, and how much power can
be pumped through it.

http://fly.hiwaay-dot-net/~park_e_r/core.bmp

             > I'll probably want to wind this up for 240
Volt operation.