[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Initial setting for sync phase angle on an RSG

I've recently been wondering the same thing.  What I was toying with was
whether I could add an inductive ballast in series with the motor and then
control the phase using selectable PFC capacitors across the ballast (but
not the motor).  I need to do the maths, however, to convince myself this is
worth trying.  Views?

<CLIP>

On the same subject, the very best method to adjust the firing angle would
be to do
it in real time while the system is under spark loading. I would love to add
another knob on the control box. The only method I seem to recall is a
physcial
displacement of the drive motor via a long shaft. But, couldn't the input
frequency
to the drive motor be adjusted out of phase? I'll have to think about this
more
(just a passing thought).

Bart
<CLIP>