[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toploads that bite

Hi Ted,

 Reply is - Ground Everything before touching it. I have a grounded
rod/brush on
the end of a 5 foot long pvc rod with closed ends. When I want to adjust
something I switch everything off, unplug it from the wall, wait for the rsg to
spin down, ground the mmc, (even though it has bleed resistors), attach the
shorting cable across the mmc, ground the primary, ground the secondary
topload,
and then brush the length of the secondary with the grounding brush, THEN I do
whatever it is I have to do. I do the same routine everytime, in the same
order,
never had a shock yet.

Best Regards

Robin in OZ.