[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arcs off the fingers and getting killed in the process...

I would like to say something about this topic as I went straight to a pole pig
setup capable of 10 foot arcs and better. Almost all the info I got for
building
this came directly from this list - particularly looking at web sites. I reckon
I've been to almost every website there is to do with coiling and HV in
general.
Even though I have all the failsafes etc, MMC with bleed resistors etc, I
STILL am
VERY CAUTIOUS when approaching my coil when it's off, (sorry for shouting), The
question remains - how do we instill this 'awareness' of every part of the
coil,
and it's dangers to others. I think this comes back to those of us that
display our
coils on the web. It should be possible to develop a standard warning
screen at the
top of  EVERY tesla web page,(make it compulsory if necessary to join the tesla
webring - no flames about compulsory please - one life saved would be worth one
page), describing basic dangers and then linking to one universally used safety
page - much like the one at pupman-dot-com.

Just my two cents worth

Kindest Regards

Robin in OZ.