[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sync Motor conversion...

Hi All...  and Terry

I have in my possesion a 1/5 H.P. Cap Start Ind. run motor -at- 1725rpm
120v

I previously asked about the info on modifications to such a motor and i
read them, studied them, and did it again.   But here is my problem.. in
the examples shown there is a "dead" zone between the primary coil sets
( run coils) and the start coils ... what i make of it is that the run
coils go thru the stator with a "empty" slot between them ( in the drawn
grafix there is no wires in that slot) (( in the picture there is the
start coil in that slot))

with the motor i have ...  the run coils from both sectors go into the
same slot    basically there are no "empty" slots as far as the run
coils are concerned ...  is this some weird stator the Sears ( craftsman
motor) Engineers  decided to design to keep me from modifying  or is
there some way it can be modified for Sync usage???

and an after thought ....    there are 3 different size wires in the
stator  they look like   # 18 ,  20 ,  and 26   the 18 and 20 are
looking like they are the run coils  ( 18 is the 90 degree set  the 20
just inside of the 18's )  and the 26 is shifted 45 degrees from the 18
the 26 is definately connected to the cap

im totally lost on this one

Scot D