Re: GRAPHICS

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

>         By the way, I haven't figured out how to save graphics from Excel or
> Word in .gif or .jpg format, but sure it can be done.

Nope.. can't easily save in generic formats, just MS .bmp or MS .wmf.
You can probably cut and paste into another program that will allow you
to save in some sort of standard format.  MS PhotoEditor and/or MS
Imaging might allow you to do this.  There are also aftermarket add-ons
for MS products that allow you to do other formats.

However, there is one trick that you might find useful.  Get your
document into MSWord. Then, do a "save as HTML". It will convert all the
graphics in your document into www compatible graphics (.gif, normally)
named in some cryptic (but decipherable) way.  You can then rename the
.gif and do what you will.

The same works for powerpoint, but not as well.

Personally, I use VISIO (now owned by MS, as I recall) for all my
diagram drawing