GRAPHICS

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

> Terry -
>
> Thank you for this post. This is the first time my new (1999) computer has
> shown me what it can do with graphics in Excel. Your excellent drawing
> showed up beautifully. There are so many things I have to discover about
> this computer. The Tesla List is a great place to learn about one's computer
> in addition to learning about Tesla coils.
>
> John Couture

John et al:

	The graphics "draw" tool is available in both Excel and Microsoft Word.
For creating graphics I find Word more convenient than Excel, as you can
draw and/or insert art in text, etc.  Excel is a little more awkward for
me. [You may have to invoke "draw" through the "Tools" options. Open
Toolbars under view and you can select Drawing, if it isn't already
selected in your default settings.]  Once you become familiar with it
you will find it pretty easy to use, and you can do a lot with it.  My
favorite graphics program is MacDraw, which isn't available for the PC
of course.  Claris Draw for the PC is similar, but I don't like it as
well.  All of these programs are adequate for most purposes.

	By the way, I haven't figured out how to save graphics from Excel or
Word in .gif or .jpg format, but sure it can be done.

Seasons greetings to all!

Ed