Re: Coupling - ACMI trend

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Terry, Paul, All, (this is amazing to me)

Terry, in an attempt to more accurately model your primary and secondary
values, I took your new secondary diameter and misc. other details refining
data inputs to achieve as near a model as your coil should be via dimensions
and measurement. (I tried the first time, but did better with this bits of
info). Values required for acmi is then thrown into Excel to do a quick convert
to meters and input into a file, Terry.in. I ran each height (also entered in
meters) for each measurement.

Oh my, how things changed:

(inch)  terry    acmi
Height    K        K     delta    err%
  0    0.207    0.206    0.001    0.49
  1    0.175    0.176    0.001    0.57
  2    0.148    0.148    0.000    0.00
  3    0.124    0.125    0.001    0.81
  4    0.105    0.106    0.001    0.95
  5    0.089    0.090    0.001    1.12
  6    0.076    0.077    0.001    1.32
  7    0.065    0.066    0.001    1.55
  8    0.056    0.057    0.001    1.79
  9    0.049    0.050    0.001    2.04
 10    0.042    0.043    0.001    2.38
 11    0.037    0.038    0.001    2.70
 12    0.032    0.034    0.002    6.25
 13    0.029    0.030    0.001    3.45
 14    0.026    0.026    0.000    0.00
 15    0.023    0.024    0.001    4.35

How's that for accuracy of a program? Paul, I think you should wait a while
until more data can be checked and rechecked before making any changes to acmi.
IMHO, it did an outstanding job here. Every time acmi has better inforation for
inputs, the program gets real close to measured values (real close here -
again, Terry's excellent measurement techniques show through).

Terry, did you use amp/volt readings concentrically and/or did you use
frequency analysis to measure K?

Take care,
Bart