Sundog's cap works great! And saw the Tesla show on PBS

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Garry-at-NDFC-dot-com>

Saw the tesla show and recorded it. I really was hoping they would put forth
a little more theory and information about how tesla coils work and some
more shots of them working but it seems they spent an inordinate amount of
time concerning his eccentricities and the struggles and fighting between
Edison and Tesla Westinghouse. I thought the court order Edison managed to
get preventing Tesla from using single socket bulbs was totally lame on
Edison's part. I am glad Tesla triumphed in the end.

Still I would have like to see more info on the tesla coil.

Recently got an MMC cap from Sundog and it works great! With a static air
cooled spark gap and rough tuning (I'm not fully tuned yet. I have yet to
cut some more tap points) I got 30" sparks with a lot of others slamming the
wall.

No symptoms of RF problems in the ground. I'm using two chokes one per each
end of the NST and these are small chokes, the ones Brent turner reccomended
getting from radio shack and a safety gap. I think I'll look up the RF
filters on www.hotstreamer-dot-com and make one of those.

Thanks Sundog! Great cap! Soon as my room stops looking like a tornado hit
it, I'll send some pics and videos.