Re: Huge MMC?

Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>

You'll need many joules (I use at least 3-4 kJ to shrink a quarter.. In
theory, you can do it with a lot less: the deformation energy is probably a
few tens of joules)

Get a surplus energy storage cap.  Even at the "retail" surplus places they
run about 10% of new price, which would be a tiny fraction of how much it
would cost just to buy enough caps for a MMC.

http://explorer.msn-dot-com