MicroSim 9.1 seems to work

Original poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

Hi All,

I may have spoken too soon...  I tried the first version 9.0 of MicroSim
long ago and it had the file problem and other problems.  However, the 9.1
version seems to work just fine on my old files.  I bet they fixed that
;-))  The new version looks much like the old but the probe section has
been redone which is good since the old probe was buggy.  It is now 27Mb so
downloading is a pain unless you have "broadband".  The new version is at
my site now as I note MicroSim encourages that it be distributed with wild
abandon (I guess that works well for them ;-))  The "real version can be
purchased on the web with a $400 discount so it only costs $4095 =:O  At
least Orcad knows how to sell things...  It looks like the Orcad buyout did
not mess MicroSim up after all :-)))

ftp://ftp.orcad-dot-com/dwn_file/Pspice/9_1_Student/
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/Programs.htm

I never haved used the PCB stuff so I have no comment on that...

Cheers,

	Terry

--------------------------------------

Hi,

Version 8 is the "standard" simulator we use for coiling.  The versions 8
and 9.1 are NOT file compatable but there is a super hard to find
conversion program around somewhere.  Version 8 can be found at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/Programs.htm
http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/programs/80dlabe.exe
ftp://ftp.orcad-dot-com/dwn_file/Pspice/Eval_Versions/

Cheers,

	Terry