Re: Apartment 240 power

Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>

same strategy applies most anywhere... I used to run a compressor off 240V
using two long extension cords... Watch out though when plugging in.. After
you plug in one side, the male pins on the other cord are hot.

It's also a standard technique for mobile DJ's and the like to get 240V to
run a lighting board in a residence.

Strictly not code approved, by the way, for lots of reasons