Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>

you can mask the email by adding a "-mapson-" or something in the middle of
the email address.  If someone wants to send an email, they can edit the
TO: in their mail program.

I've heard, but have no verification, that the harvesting programs are
"wise to" the scheme of simply putting "nospam" or variants in the name,
and just parse them out.