Re: Saran Wrap as a Dielectric

Hi Joshua,

	Why not make a nice MMC cap?  My 9/30 LTR sync coil only uses 21 Panasonic
caps.  About $30...  Perhaps a little cash could save a lot of effort and
solve the primary cap problem for you.  Someone in your area may have some ;-)

http://63.225.104.218/test/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/SmallCoil/small_MMC.jpg

BTW - You asked about transformers...  IMHO, ACTOWN http://www.actown-dot-com/
is the best.  They claim a 100 PPM defect rate, make medical stuff, and
talk a nice quality talk...  The transformer I got was definitely made by
somebody that cared...  The others seem to be prone to a high defect rate
depending on who took that day off...  France is a very 'good day/bad day'
place, Transco is sort of consistently "just ok"...  My 9/30 ACTOWN from
the Denver wholesaler cost $54.88 with tax...  The France transformers were
sitting around by the loose pallet load, but the ACTOWN's had nice
individual boxes and such.  The guy at the wholesaler seem to be impressed
that I was only interested in ACTON transformers.  He knew darn well that I
was some 'looney' wanting an HV transformer, but the cash was good so...
:-))  In Colorado, the hot dry summers and nasty winters really are super
hard on the used transformers.  I just buy new ones since the tranny is
sort of a 'moderately' costly item overall...

Cheers,

	Terry

BTW - I got a few PFC caps too...