Re: MOT-stack

Thanks Herwig,
	That is very very clever.  The only disadvantage is that 6 MOTs are
required instead of 4, but who cares about that since I'm picking mine up
from discarded ovens on the side of the road.  I just hit a lucky streak on
finding them, so I'll be up to 6 before too long and have not burned out my
NST yet.

	I would run mine AC like an NST with the center tap grounded like you have
shown.  That would give me less of a matching problem between the 4
transformers that are connected HV to HV.  I would only need to match them
in pairs to keep the primaries close to the 120 VAC norm.  I don't think an
AC unbalance relative to ground would make any difference since both ends
of the primary coil and capacitor are floating above ground anyway.

	Is there an advantage to running DC that I am missing?  It would seem that
the break rate of 120 bps would be the same given the high current capacity
of the MOT's.  I guess the residual charge after quenching would be
salvaged, but that may be offset by the diode losses.  What do you think?

	Either way, thanks again for the great idea on connecting em.
Dick (K2YZ) - Melbourne, Florida