RE: Primary

Hi Dan: I am just finishing up my 1st. It's 15KV/60 powered and the
secondary is a 6" dia x 24 wound with #22 on Plexiglas. All the modules are
done with the exception of a new linear static gap I thought of between 1am
and 3:30 am this morning. I plan for 1st light by the Labor Day w/e.
But I digress.
My primary is 16 turns of 1/4" diam with 1/4" spacing (1/2" center to
center). The inside turn is 8 while the outermost is 24. I expect a tap much
further in than turn 16.
The hole in my primary platform is 7 " diam. The 6 HDPE supports start the
first tube turn at 8. Hope that helps.

Ted Rosenberg
Geek Group Member #55
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Subject: Primary

Original poster: "Dan Kunkel" <dankunkel-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Coilers,

I am designing my second coil.  I am using a 6.625" x 26.5" secondary and
15,000v 120 ma worth of NST's. I am going to use 1/4" copper tubing for the
primary (probably 15 degrees or so incline). I want to get a nice tightly
coupled system, I was planning on about 9.5" inside diameter for the
primary. I don't want to re-wind the same piece of copper 3 times in order
to peak the system. So I was hoping someone else who has a 6" coil could
tell me the inside diameter of their primary coil.

Thanks in advance,

Dan