RE: Primary

Hi Dan:

I have a 6" system, and I have something less than 1 inch of horizontal
clearance from the pri to sec.  I also use a 15 degree conical primary, but
this was left over from when I used a 4" secondary and wasn't able to lower
the secondary enough to get sufficient coupling.  With the 6" coil, I think
you will get fine coupling with a flat primary, as long as your design
allows the secondary to be lowered sufficiently.  There's nothing wrong with
the conical type, except that it just reduces the clearance between the top
load and primary.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA