Re: how to "splice" copper tubing, was will this be a problem?

In a message dated 8/28/00 12:03:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Original poster: "Pholp Smiff" <kawanze-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>

>  i was winding my primary coil with .25" copper tubing and ran out (it was
>  50 foot roll) and so i bought another 25 foot roll and started where the
>  other ended. I connected the two ends with aluminum tape (aka muffler
repair

>  tape) will this be a problem? will if affect inductance or burn up when
the
>  higher current goes through it?
>
>  thanks

Pholp,

A much better connection is needed.  I use a small round file to
file and clean the inside of both tubing ends.  Next I find a brass
screw that just fits inside and I cut off the head.  then I place
the screw halfway into one end of the tube and solder it in place
with a propane torch, then when it cools, I slip the other piece
of tubing over the projecting screw end, so that the tubing ends
meet, and solder again.  Make sure the tubing ends line up well
before soldering.  This will give a strong and reasonably low
resistance connection.

John Freau