What was that?????

Okay i was in my basement messing with the ignition coil circuit that
someone gave me.  Hot___dimmer switch___capacitor___ignition coil
                                         Neutral____________________________
_____|
That's what it looks like sort of.  Well my dad recently burned up my old
dimmer switch.  He wouldn't admit to what he was doing down their.  It had
two wires.  Hot and neutral no ground.  The one i bought today has 3 wires
hot, neutral and ground.  I am using an old capacitor from a 25 year old
t.v.  It says on it 564J (S) and under that it says 200 x.  i am not sure
what that means? I am also using the condenser from one of the automobile
ignition coils i bought.  I have a dual ignition coil setup.  I was down
stairs messing with it and all of a sudden a half foot arc yes that is 6
inches just pops out of the middle of the ignition coil after that i drop
the insulated screwdriver a bunch of sparks start crackling from some place
that i can't remember.  I turned of the power switch the dimmer switch and
unplugged the thing and discharged the capacitor.  then i sat down and
about passed out because i was trying so hard to figure out how the heck
that happened.  I inspected the spring terminals where i had attached my
capacitors and they had melted in half the capacitors appear to be fine
although i have not checked that out.  Man that freaked me out..  Any
comments would be appreciated
Jeremiah

http://www.MyOwnEmail-dot-com