Re: Avalon-Preliminary Business Plan and Coil Ideas

>Original poster: "Greg Leyh" <lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
>To clarify, I have not approached *anyone* as of yet with
>a serious proposal, nor has anyone approached me to date
>with the prospect of funding the ALF.  Given the esoteric
>aspect of the ALF, I'm not holding my breath, either. ^_^

I seriously would like to build a large coil (or coil array) at the Avalon
facility. The funding I can do, but there are other problems that I cannot
beat. The main one is space. It's a massive complex, but that 3000' to
nearest right of way kills it quick. We are right up next to half a dozen
streets, railroad tracks, and everyting else. We can build the Avalon coil,
but not to the theoretical limit unless we can get reallly creative....but,
that IS what I do for a living :)

>In any case, I wouldn't be able to actively deal with ALF
>funding issues until next spring, as I am presently caught
>in the middle of house construction.

That's fine, we won't be ready to pursue it for a couple years anyway. I
have the entire facility to deal with. The Avlon Coil is a priority, but not
untill I have the other labs on line as well. Fortunately for all you guys
out there the HVL is the FIRST lab on line. :)

I will also be hiring a few people to staff the High Voltage Lab (HVL), I
will hire 2 teachers at $52,000 a year, plus benifits, and free room and
board (staff apartments, not dorms) and 2 aides (live in as well)
This is a dream job for many people on the list, but not an easy job by any
means. It is an oppertunity to enter the Professional Coiling and HV world.
Anyone who is SERIOUSLY interested email. If you're not planning to move to
the facility in a couple years. Start a whole new life here. Work your butt
off. If you don't have extensive HV experiance, the ability to TEACH, and
work as a team player. If you drink (at all, Avalon is Dry), do drugs, or
have unsafe practices. Or if you lack vision or the ability to dream, don't
bother applying. I want only the best. People of the caliber and experiance
or personality of Terry, Bill, Greg, Reinhard, etc... are what I'm
interested in.

>Kudos to Chris and Avalon for at least /considering/ the
>suggestion of building their coil at the fundamental limit.
>The funds at risk would not be 1oo's of thousands, however;
>Rather it appears that several million dollars (US) would
>be necessary to bring the basic ALF package to operational
>status, based on the preliminary cost breakdown structure.
>--

Greg can you please send me the info packet on the ALF?

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org