Re: Effective Resistance

Hi John,

<snip>

> > I believe that referring to the AC resistances as above will avoid the
> > confusion that can arise when discussing Tesla coil circuitry.
> >
> > John Couture

Obviously, this paragraph tells why you chose to mention using Rac, but I don't
quite agree. I think what is confusing is using Rac because the total ESR
effects the performance of our coils and therefore, understanding the
individual elements that make up ESR helps to improve the design. I think Rac
may be a good methodology for use in a program, but people must understand that
Rac is not the ESR. This only adds to the confusion.

Bart