RE: : The big bad Mark III

Hi Troy,

My experience was static gap, 15 to 20 amps, SRSG, 4.5 to 5 amps for the
same
spark length, all other factors being the same. The spark gap motor draws
about 1.5
amps. This was with 240V input at 120 BPS. Spark length to a grounded target
in
both cases 34 to 36 inches. I use SRSG exclusively now, with the exception
of the medicine
coil which has a static gap, but it is a different kind of animal
altogether, not designed
for long sparks.

just my $0.02
later