Re: Measured Q (was Homemade chokes)

Hi Ralph,

At 08:52 PM 8/13/00 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/12/00 11:13:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>
>Terry,
>
><< The secondary should be set on a counter poise or conducting sheet of metal
> with radial slits in it (to stop eddy currents). >>
>
>Do I really have to ruin a nice 2.5 ft sq piece of aluminum sheet by cutting
>sllts in it to avoid eddy currents?  :-((

Naww!!  Use cheap aluminum foil ;-)  Lay it out and chop a few radial slits
in it with the center grounding all the sections.  At these low
frequencies, four slits will be fine.

>>> I can usually get to within +-50%...<<<<<
>
>Did you mean 50%?  Thanks.

Yeah.  If I get even close I figure it worked well.  However, with good
skin depth info and Dr. Rzeszotarski's proximity chart, one may be able to
do much better then I ever did.

Cheers,

	Terry