Avalon

Well, word came down from the city today. If all goes well we should be in
the building as the snow melts :) (These things take a LOT of time, red tape
BS and all that). But with 16 buildings sitting on 30 acres it's well worth
it.

The "Powerplant" building is where the HV labs will be. They are concrete
and steel frame construction with large amounts of the walls made of the
typical 1'X10" green glass windows with steel frames.

Can the building frame itself (the steel superstructure) be used as an
isolated RF Ground seperate from the main building electrical ground?

This entire building will be remodeled as a dedicated use, strictly HV
experimentation and research. What types of things should we be thinking
about in the early phases of design? If you could make your dream Tesla
workshop, what would you have? Electrical service? Would it be preferable to
have a 14.4KV feed direct inside the building? (There is a pad transformer
RIGHT next to it with a 14.4KV primary.) My thoughts are to bring it in at
LV (480VAC) to make switching and voltage regulation easier in the power
supply. Can you imagine a 15KV variac?.....ARGH!

My thoughts are that, with the flat roof, a telascopic roof would be
feasible. With overlapping sections about 5' each riding on rails similar to
a gantry crane, they could be either pneumatic or cable controled.

Give me ideas guys, this is an oppertunity to make the dream Tesla research
facility. The Avalon coil isn't the only thing I want to do. This is to be a
hands-on (though well supervised) Tesla research, experimentation, and
education facility built in the spirit of The Geek Group. But I want to do
it right and there are a LOT of people out here on this list with IQ's that
make me look like a carrot, ideas?

Have fun!

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / Founder