Re: MMC Bulk Buy V.2.0

On 10 Aug 00, at 18:18, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Aric_C_Rothman-at-email.whirlpool-dot-com
>
>      You might want to consider the source I used when I did a group buy of
>      caps for MMC use.
>
>      Seacor makes a line of PP/foil caps with characteristics suitable for
>      TC use.  I was able to purchase caps rated for 0.047uF, 1600VDC for
>      $0.79 each.  I received limited feedback from list members that these
>      caps worked well in their TCs.  My supply was damaged in a fire (not
>      related to TCs) and I was unable to try them myself :(

I've just demo'd a TC using an MMC made of these caps all day
on an intermittent basis. I'd say about 2 hours total running
time and the MMC was running about 1.5kV below its DC rating.
There was a tiny bit of warm air detecable in the lunchbox
which houses the cap but was probably due mostly to the
relatively thin cap leads. A coil never fails to please at an
open day. For the first time I got a large lab to operate in.

Regards,
malcolm
<snip>