Re: What has everyone got against PCB?

Ha! You will get the spectrum on this... PCB's, AKA, PolyChlorinated
Biphenyls are Now known as serious potential Carcinogens, and at least very
toxic. Not to mention, a potential liability in the eyes of the EPA.
Realistically, many old oil caps are PCB oil type, not to mention the
PCB/tar used in insulating neons pre '77 (have no confirmation personally
on that one, only several neon shops warning... )

Now PCB's had many advantages, such as low inflammability, and good
dielectric properties, but as with Asbestos, disadvantages out weigh the
advantages...

Stay away from PCB insulations...

Regards,

David Trimmell
www.ChaoticUniverse-dot-com

At 05:20 PM 8/10/00 , you wrote:
>Original poster: "Garth van Sittert" <garth-at-mediasupplies.co.za>
>
>Just what exactly is the disadvantages of using PCB caps or transformers?
Just