[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifying Coil

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

> The way that magnifiers have been built there are not many advantages.
> Yes, the look is different, it may have some space advantages in some
> situations, etc.  The extra coil can be made quite short for the spark
> lengths that are produced.  There is a special way to build a magnifier
> that requires a careful arrangement of inductance and capacitance
> values in the coils, this method is explained by Antonio Carlos M.
> DeQueiroz at his website, I think he posted the URL recently.  This
> method may give a slight advantage because it traps all the energy
> in the extra coil at one time, and the coil may benefit from the smaller
> amount of Cself in the extra coil.  But this method of construction has
> never been tested by coilers.  I've been wanting to try it but never got
> around to it, so much other TC research to do.

I plan to make a working full-power model in the next months. The real
advantage that I see in that configuration is that very fast energy
transfer is possible. That system puts all the energy of the primary
capacitor in the capacitance of the terminal and in the self-capacitance
of the third coil in just one oscillation cycle in the fastest mode.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz
(http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/magnifier.html)