[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Aluminum magnet wire?

I would have thought that the problem with using Al as a conductor in a
coil would be from:
1.) It has the tendency to form high R connections, as any oxidation
greatly reduces conductivity (Al Oxide makes for a decent dialectic), and
Al likes to oxidize.
2.) It has a high coefficient of expansion
3.) Al is a inferior conductor to Copper or Silver, especially at high F.

Regards,

David Trimmell