[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Vacuum discharges and Tesla Coils / Tesla light bulb patents

David,

Yes, it is quite peculiar how something like radium can give such a
beautiful color [uniquely beautiful]-- I mean, the same goes for cold
cathode x-ray tubes / etc -- these colors are unique, and seeing things such
as vacuum discharges / phosphorescence is like seeing a "new" color, or
seeing color "for the first time".  The only way to describe it, poetic as
it were.

And how dangerous to see these colors!

I have some neat pictures of Tesla's uni-polar x-ray tubes.  One was
designed for the "Violet Ray" machines and I believe he made it specifically
for them, as opposed to Tesla Coils in general, because of the metal cap
electrode.

The lighting patents were all interesting, from the high frequency
self-regulating arc lamps (I LOVE carbon arcs!!) and the phosphorescent
button patents, single electrode lamps, etc.  Look for his lectures, quite a
few plates of those types of lamps are around.

Best,
Jeff