[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: X-rays from light bulbs/Tesla Coils !!! where to get a geiger counter

Hi Jim and list

I wouldn't recommend running a pc in the same room as a powered up coil. It
might be better to use a passive monitoring device such as a phosphorescent
sheet or unexposed film (x-rays affect film in a manner similar to visible
light). Of course, I would be very difficult to accurately calibrate these
detectors.

Perhaps the x-ray technicians here can suggest an off-the-shelf solution?

Cheers,

Gavin Hubbard

P.S. NOS Civil Defence geiger counters are usually available through EBay.
Searching for "Geiger" gave me 70 matches.