[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube spec. question 50l6, 6r6

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:38:59 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > Original Poster: "Bill Noble" <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>
> >
> > 50L6 is the same as a 6L6 but with a 50V filament (used in "all
> american 5"
> > configuration - later supplanted by 50c5)
> > per radio amateurs hanbook 1953 edition - 50L6:
> > beam power amp
> > 50V150ma heater, use as class A amp, 110v plate,-7.5 grid,110
> screen,4/11
> > screen ma, 49/50 plate ma, 8200 micromohs transconductance, 82 amp
> factor,
> > 2Khom load, 2.2 watts
>

> 	Oops!  The 50L6GT is a MUCH smaller tube than the 6L6!
> Plate dissipation rating 10 watts vs 19 watts.  Max plate voltage
> 200 vs
> 360 for the 6L6!  (30 watts and 500 volts max for the 6L6GC).
>
> Ed

Ed, and Bill,

My original question was regarding the 6LR6, which is quite different
from the 6L6. The 6L6 takes 6.3V and 0.9A  for its heater, while the 6LR6
uses 6.3V and 2.5A. My source (the Electron Tube Locator, by George
Fathauer) only gives the heater characteristics, and pinouts. Nothing
else. The 6LR6 has 12 pins, and is a pentode. The 6L6 has 8 pins, though
it is also a pentode. the 6LR6 costs $35.00 from AES, while the 6L6 costs
$17.00.

This is all getting very confusing to me. I just really wanted to know if
I could use the 6LR6 as a triode (I now know how to hook it up, i think.
G1 is biased, G2 connects to plate, G3 connects to cathode. ?)

I'm not looking for much performance out of this tube, just 1" or 2"
sparks. I also have an 811A I will be using in the future, so my interest
is not in just getting the bigger sparks. I want a -really- small VTTC.

At that, I may want to try to wind this extremely small HDPE form i have
(about 1"X5") with hair-thin wire....

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/dynoget/tagj.