[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Transformer core

Thank you all for your tips and suggestions.

I have taken everything apart and removed the original windings.
There were about 120 turns of 12 gauge wire.  I measured an
inductance of 220mH.  At the rated maximum load of 8A, this is
1000 amp-turns.  I will be running at 25A, so this leaves me with a
maximum of 40 turns.  I estimate that I will need much fewer than
40 turns to produce 13mH.  I will rewind the core as soon as I get
some 10 gauge scrap wire.

Matt Behrend