Re: Believe it or don't


> I tried to light a propane torch using the spark. Dumb? your bet. 
> It didn't occur to me: metal torch, metal tank, my hand. It wasn't 
> a bad shock, but it served to "knock sense" into me. 

Good to see you survived to be stupid another day :)

One thing that a lot of people don't realise is that flame is a conductor.
I have chastised a few fitters for burning the insulation of our live
cables when oxy cutting near them. They suddenly change their "don't care"
attitude when you mention that carbon, flame, and brass handled oxy
equipment all conduct 415v very well :) I once saw somebody cutting some
steel he had laying on a live 33kv trailing cable... <shudder>

Sorry for being off topic :)