[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fabricating & Measuring Capacitors

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Jason From" <jfrom-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Hi, Just being new to the TC Scene, I've been reading everything I can get
> my hands on about TCs.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any
> information about making capacitors, and how to determine the capacitance...
>
> Any information on how to construct a Flat plate capacitor would be very
> appreciated.  I'm hoping to build a TC for a Technology Project... Extra
> Credit!!! =)
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Jason From

snip

hi Jason and all,

ive got a sheet that works with excel that is designed to give you the
values for capacitors   in the upper boxes you place the K value, the
dielectric thickness, the length , and the width of the dielectric. If
you want to know values for various styles of capacitors, in a box off
to the right you insert the number of plates ( for stacked types ). and
wala you will see the various capacitances for flat plate and rolled
types.  I have used this many times and the "programmed" values compared
to the measured values were only off by a maximum of 3%.

If interested in obtaining this sheet for excel contact me off-list -at-

bigfoo39-at-idt-dot-net

Scot D