[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rotary's

Hi all,
	I have found some material to make a rotary gap with. It is some sort of
fibre glass and resin based material. It was off the top of a 3 phase
transformer ,and carried the connections. It was hard to cut with the
jigsaw and stank to high heaven when I was cutting it. On to my point, I
have managed to get two pieces 5" in diameter out of it and am wondering
what would be the best way to go. Should I go for 2 pole or 4 pole? I am
going to use it with my 2.2 kva radar tranny. I have yet to get the motor
and decide on a secondary size. I have enough caps to get up to 46nF and
the rating of the tranny is 8200 volts.

cheers
bob golding