[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Surge protectors as silent spark gaps

"Marco,

I have been using a string of Victoreen SGCA-2500 spark gaps with
excellent results.  The rating is for 2,500 volts and 100 Joules.  They
are very quiet. It takes eight of them in series, for 10,000 volts.  The
quenching is outstanding.  My cap is only .008 mfd . . .  I don't know
how they would do with a larger cap.

Performance is way better than a forced-air, cylinder gap.

All Electronics is selling them (used) for $1.20 each.

Regards
bob"

	Interesting.  Please describe the rest of the system - transformer,
coil, etc.  Do they get warm in running?

Ed